The Government of Ireland Scholarship program has historically been an excellent opportunity for highly motivated, high-achieving students around the world to pursue their higher education in Ireland, and the Government of Ireland Scholarship 2022 is no exception.
With a full-ride worth more than $60,000 USD, the scholarship covers all tuition, living expenses, travel costs, and health insurance fees associated with your time in Ireland. The application process is now open through March 15th, 2022! If you’re interested in studying abroad in the most beautiful country on earth, check out the scholarship details below to see if you qualify and how to apply!
About Government of Ireland Scholarship for 2022
- Host Institutes: National University of Ireland, Dublin and Trinity College Dublin
- Host Country: Germany
- Degree level: Bachelors , Master’s and PhD degree programs
- Deadline: September 15, 2022
- You do not need to be from Ireland or an Irish citizen to apply,
- You must have completed your third level education in one of several countries and regions.
- You can check out all eligible countries here, but a few examples include: Australia, Canada, China, Hong Kong, New Zealand and more.
- You must also intend to live in Ireland after you graduate with your Master’s degree.
- The program only accepts students who are planning on completing their master’s at National University of Ireland (NUI) Dublin or Trinity College Dublin (TCD). However there are some exceptions to these rules listed here.
Why the Government of Ireland Scholarship Is a Great Option
- The scholarship application and selection process are both fairly easy.
- There are no SAT scores or letters of recommendation required, and each applicant’s nationality is not considered.
- The only application requirement is that you hold a degree from a university located in one of 40 participating countries. (If you currently hold a Bachelors degree, you need only provide your student ID number to receive credit).
- If an applicant doesn’t meet these requirements, they may apply as either a graduate student or postgraduate researcher on condition that they will begin their chosen course before 1 September 2022.
Tips on Writing Your Essay
The importance of essays cannot be underestimated. Whether you are applying to college, graduate school or a job, it’s likely that there will be an essay involved in one way or another.
And unlike most other types of written assignments, it’s incredibly difficult to gauge how your essay will be received unless you write it and hand it in and see what happens. This means that before you can begin writing an essay that doesn’t fall flat on its face when presented to an audience (namely a grader), you have to practice, practice, practice! To get started writing better essays, try these tips
Important Dates and Deadlines
The deadline to apply for a place on an Undergraduate Programme beginning in September 2017 and requiring an early decision application (or university-administered admission test) is 22nd July. The final deadline to apply is 31st August. The final deadline to apply for entry into a Postgraduate Course beginning in October 2022 and requiring an early decision application or entrance test is 22nd November.
The final deadline to apply is 28th January 2023 (please note that late applications will not be accepted). All applicants should note that programmes with very large numbers are particularly competitive and those applicants may wish to consider applying earlier than recommended if they have been offered a place on a programme through Early Decision or have applied under Single Application at another institution.
How to Apply
Applications are now open! Prospective students must apply online via The Irish Aid website. Applications should be submitted by Wednesday, September 5th, 2022. Please do not submit your application until you have collected all necessary information and can completely fill out your application with ease. Students who apply to The Government of Ireland Scholarships will be notified regarding their acceptance on Tuesday, February 1st, 2023.
You Can Also Apply For:
- Konrad Adenauer Stiftung Scholarship 2022 in Germany
- Deakin University Scholarships in Australia 2023 – Fully Funded
- University of Pennsylvania Scholarships 2022 in USA