Singapore has put in place a top-notch education system, and the government heavily subsidizes the cost of education for its citizens and permanent residents. But if you’re not a citizen or permanent resident, it can be more expensive to study in Singapore than elsewhere. That’s where the Singapore Government Scholarship comes in! It’s given out to students from outside Singapore who want to pursue undergraduate or graduate degrees in Singapore. This guide will tell you everything you need to know about the Singapore Government Scholarship in 2024!
About Singapore Government Scholarship in 2024
- Host Institutes: National University of Singapore
- Host Country: Singapore
- Degree level: Master’s and PhD degree programs
- Deadline: December 1, 2024
Who Is Eligible?
- The applicant has to be below 35 years old when submitting his/her application for consideration
- Must not have children who are studying full-time in an educational institution in any country.
- Applicant’s spouse (Singaporean or non-Singaporean) may be employed as long as he/she does not occupy a full-time position which necessitates his/her overseas relocation.
Note that if you are applying for admission into a degree program at NTU, you will still need to meet its minimum academic requirements.
What Is Government Aid?
Government aid, a type of student financial aid for college-bound students, helps alleviate some of your financial burden by paying for part or all of your education. The majority of scholarships and grants are funded by federal and state governments—and often awarded to students with academic or career potential. Grants usually have fairly few strings attached.
while student loans need to be repaid after graduation. Scholarships have fewer requirements than loans and grants, but also tend to provide smaller awards than grants do. In any case, government aid can help you afford a higher education if you don’t qualify for enough outside scholarships.
Singapore Government Scholarship Requirements?
- Yes, you need a minimum GPA of 4.0 out of 5.0 (the equivalent of an A- average) at an accredited post-secondary institution in your home country.
- Official transcripts from each university you attended are required with your application.
- In addition, you will be required to write two essays: one about yourself and another about why you want to study at a particular university.
Some students find it difficult to juggle their studies and extracurricular commitments, but it is important for them not to neglect their non-academic pursuits.
When you have a strong team of friends, you have a support network. If you are passionate about your hobbies or clubs, then there is more incentive for you to follow through with your obligations and avoid procrastination. Here are some helpful tips on how to manage your time effectively.
How Much Are Tuition Fees?
Tuition fees for international students vary depending on your university or institute of higher learning, but they can range from $8,000 to $12,000 USD per year. There are scholarships available for those who don’t have all of that cash lying around. One of them is from an organization called PSDF (Public Service Division Fund).
The goal of PSDF is to help deserving candidates fulfill their potential and be able to contribute meaningfully to society. The fund disburses between 30 and 40 scholarships each year, mostly to applicants with a 4-point grade average or higher out of 5.
As a scholarship recipient, you will receive S$3,300 monthly as a monthly allowance. The monthly allowance is adjusted annually based on an index and will increase by an average of 2.5 percent between 2023 and 2024. After that, it will be adjusted yearly by a minimum of 3 percent or a maximum of 4 percent. In addition to your monthly allowance.
you can also get bursaries from MOE on top of your annual school fees (see below). Amounts paid out depend on your course and school fees for both local and overseas schools are eligible for bursaries. Additionally, if you take up certain courses—like music instruments or dance-related courses—you could get even more money!
Eligibility Period Of Singapore Government Scholarship
- The Singapore Government Scholarship 2024 will be available from January 1, 2023, to March 31, 2023.
- Only citizens of countries outside of ASEAN are eligible.
- Be sure that you fulfill all of these requirements before applying. Even if you meet them initially but do not continue meeting them throughout your application period.
- Your scholarship application will be deemed ineligible and unsuccessful. If you are already a citizen of an ASEAN country, don’t apply for a government scholarship.
The Application Process
- Don’t worry if you don’t get selected, there’s plenty of opportunities in other countries. Contact your country’s education ministry and ask them what other options are available to you.
- If you’re planning on applying for a government scholarship again next year, make sure that you set aside time each week specifically for working on your applications.
- Go through last year’s questions and try practicing with friends or online mentors until you can create a good answer without referencing anything.
- Find someone whose judgement you trust and ask them if they think your answers are better than last year – that should help motivate you when it comes time to actually submitting applications!
When do you need to apply?
If you want to apply for a government scholarship for university studies, you need to do so one year before starting your course. For example,
- if you are thinking of studying a medicine degree at National University of Singapore (NUS) from 2024 and want a government scholarship, you should submit your application by 1 December 2023.
- If you are accepted into NUS medicine and receive an award from MOE that is more than $12,000 SGD annually over three years, then it will count as part of your Income Tax Exemption quota.
- The next opportunity will be on 01 January 2024 – 31 December 2024. So there is plenty of time to save up or research scholarships that can help with living expenses and tuition fees.
Be a part of our WhatsApp and Telegram FAMILY, where you can connect with other like-minded international students so that you never miss out on life-changing Scholarship opportunities!
|🔗Click here to join 👈
|🔗 Click here to join👈