Good news! ARES Scholarships applications are currently open. Now you can pursue your studies in Belgium on a scholarship. In this article, we will explain more about the ARES Scholarship, benefits, and the step-by-step process of application.
ARES Scholarships 2022-2023 are fully funded scholarship for international students. These courses are offered by undergraduate, MS’s, and training courses in Belgium. These courses offer international travel expenses, living expenses of 1150 € / month, travel allowance, tuition fees and a refund of € 700.
ARES Scholarships are open to all international students from developing countries who want to pursue a MS’s degree in Belgium. The Academy of Research and Higher Education (ARES) is a public interest organization funded by the Federation Wallonie-Bruxile lles and created by the “Landscape” law dated November 7, 2013, which includes 127 higher education institutions. Its role is to ensure the full integration of their activities and to encourage them to develop partnerships
MS’s courses and training courses offer you the opportunity to pursue a one-year MS’s degree program or advanced 4- to the 6-month course at the Wallonia-Brussels Federation, Belgium.
Description of ARES Scholarships
- Level of Study: BS(Undergraduate) / MSs(MS) / Training
- Institution: ARES
- Study country: Belgium
- Program Time Period:
- 4 Years for BS Degree Program.
- 1 Year for MS Degree Program.
- 4 – 6 Months for the Internship OR Training Program.
- Deadline: 28 January 2022
Available Courses under ARES Scholarships
- Specialized BS in pediatrics and neonatology
- Specialized BS in Business Data Analysis
- MS degree in Development, Environment and Societies.
- MS of specialization in Aquatic Resources Management & Aquaculture.
- MS of specialization in risk and disaster management.
- MS of specialization in human rights.
- Specialized MS in Integrated Risk Management in the Global South (IManHR).
MS of Specialization in Transfusion Medicine.Specialized MS in International & Development Economics.
- MS of specialization in integrated production & preservation of natural resources in urban and peri-urban areas.
- Specialized MS in Microfinance.
Specialized MS in Public Health Methodology.MS of specialization in transport & logistics.
- MS of Specialization in Public Health Sciences – Research Methods Applied to Global Health.
MS’s degree in Environmental Science & Management in Developing Countries.
- Ritsumeikan University Scholarship 2022 (Fully Funded)
- New Zealand Scholarships Without IELTS | Funded
- Universities & Scholarships in Australia without IELTS | Funded
- Internship in managing and ensuring the quality of medicines and health products.
- Internship research to strengthen health systems.
- Internship in the valorization of secondary resources for sustainable construction.
- Internship in the local knowledge system.
- Methodological internship in support of the establishment of family farming.
ARES Scholarships Coverage
ARES Scholarships provide the recipient with the following benefits:
BS and MS’s Scholarships:
- International travel expenses: high-quality air travel by IATA-approved airline, with a one-way round trip ticket per academic year.
- Life expectancy: 1150 € / month for a period of 12 months.
- Arrival allowance, tuition fee, and refunds 700 €. This money is given once per stay, when the recipient arrives.
- Indirect equipment costs: 150 €. This money is given once per stay, when the recipient arrives.
- Insurance premiums are paid directly by ARES.
- Registration fees for the current number of DGD recipients.
- Travel expenses that form part of training between universities are reimbursed based on actual costs incurred, and receipts provided.
Training grant numbers:
International travel expenses; state-of-the-art flight by IATA-approved plane, one round trip ticket.
Life allowance; 83 € / day of stay 8 to 17 days; 1400 € / month for accommodation lasting 18 days to 1 month (fixed price); 1400 € / month for accommodation lasting 1 to 6 months, divided by number of days
Indirect equipment fees 150 €. This money is given once per stay, when the recipient arrives.
Insurance premiums are paid directly by ARES.
The cost of traveling to the secondary university training framework is reimbursed based on the actual transactions made, and receipts provided.
Re-apply for the Chevening Scholarship
Eligibility criteria for ARES Scholarships
To qualify for ARES Scholarships, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required language: English and French
- Eligible countries: The nations of Benin, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cuba, Ecuador, Ethiopia (only English training courses), Haiti, Madagascar, Morocco, Niger, Peru, Philippines, DR Congo, Rwanda, Senegal, and Vietnam.
- Be a citizen of a developing country. To be eligible, applicants must be residing and working in their country of origin when applying.
- Be under 40 years of age in the degree program, and be under 45 years of training courses, when the training is scheduled to begin.
- Have a good knowledge of written and spoken French. In training courses conducted in another language, it is important to have a proper level of subject language, both written and spoken. The applicant must commit to learning French in order to participate in daily life in Belgium.
- He received a diploma compared to a graduate diploma in Belgian university studies. However, in some training courses, different requirements may be requested.
- Apply for only one training course.
- They have the relevant professional knowledge in a developing country for at least two years after their studies, or three years after their studies if the applicant has obtained a post-graduate university degree in a developed country.
How to apply for an ARES Scholarship?
Please follow the important instructions to win the ARES MSs and Internship Scholarship:
- You must first verify that you have a valid GIRAF account.
- You can create an account in the GIRAF platform area via this link. This account will be verified (in a few hours to a few days, do not create more than one account) by ARES and you will receive a confirmation email to create a password.
- If you created a verified account last year, you can reuse that account and, if necessary, reset your password.
- Once you have logged into your GIRAF account, you can access the application form using the competitive GIRAF profile tab. Please note that you should only click once on the “Application for international training 2022-2023” button once. You will find your form in the My Tasks Competing Tasks table.
- You can fill out your form a few times, as long as you use the “Save and edit later” option. You will find your form each time in the My Jobs table in the GIRAF competing call tab.
- Once you click on “Submit my request”, your request will be sent to ARES and you will not be able to change it. You can still see it in the table My Sent Files.
To find out more about ARES Scholarships Belgium, please visit the official website
Click Here to visit the official website of the university