Hello Students, If you also looking to study in Korea then you must be searching for Global Korea Scholarship, don’t worry today we will cover all of your questions about how to get scholarships in Korea. We will try to cover everything including Eligibility Criteria, application process, frequently asked questions and best practices to follow in order to win these scholarships So lets get started.
The Global Korea Scholarship Session welcomes online applications from international students under BS, MS, and doctoral degree programs.
The Global Korean Scholarship (GKS) 2022 is a modified version of the Korean Government Scholarship. These GKS courses offer undergraduate or bachelor’s degree and degree degree in communication with all students who apply and are selected for this study program. The Global Korea Scholarship program covers almost all South Korean universities. There are a total of 220 GKS courses available for international students in the Global Korea Scholarship.
The purpose of GKS:
The main motivation for GKS education is to provide opportunities for all foreign students who want to excel in their field and are motivated enough to make a difference in the world. Over and over South Korea enhances their international exchanges and friendships between the two countries by providing opportunities for international students through this curriculum.
GKS Scholarship Period:
With a bachelor’s degree: 5 years including 1 year of Korean grammar. Related qualifications: 4 years including 1 year for Korean grammar
- You can also apply for Fully-funded KSA Scholarships in 26 Universities of Saudi Arabia
Benefits of Global Korea Scholarship (GKS):
A fully paid Korean Scholarship
- Free return air ticket from home to Korea
- Residence allowance of 200,000 KRW
- Monthly grant of 900,000 KRW
- Free Korean language training for 1 year
- Release of admission fees to Korean universities
- Medical insurance of 60,000 KRW per month
- Korean grants technology of 100,000 KRW per month
- 100,000 KRW Graduation Grants (awarded once)
Global Korea Scholarship (GKS) Qualifications:
- The applicant must be a citizen of the country listed on the Global Korea Scholarship.
- The applicant must not be a permanent Korean citizen.
- The applicant does not have dual citizenship.
- The applicant must be under 25 years of age.
- The applicant must have graduated from high school.
- The applicant must have a GPA of 80% of the Global Korea Scholarship Program.
- The applicant must be physically and mentally healthy and have a clear medical report.
Procedure for applying for Global Korea Scholarships (GKS):
You can apply for this Korean course through a lawyer’s degree or a university course.
1 ambassador track:
The 125 lucky students from 67 countries will be accepted into the undergraduate degree on the track of the embassy for successfully passing the 1st selection process for their prestigious country.
# 2 University track:
The Korean government grants the Global Korea Scholarship Committee permission to recruit 72 foreign students from 72 countries to obtain a bachelor’s degree and 35 foreign students from 17 countries to obtain a corresponding degree; To choose this study program, the applicant must go through the initial selection process proposed by a reputable university.
GKS Selection Terms:
There are 3 rounds in the selection process for the Global Korea Scholarship 2022. After passing all three rounds and obtaining a certificate of complete physical and mental health, a candidate will be admitted to one of the South Korean universities in their field of application.
The Korean government will nominate applicants for GKS bursaries; who complete the following conditions:
- Applicants who have received TOPIK level 3 or higher will receive 10% more points during the selection process.
- Korean veterans born will receive an additional 5% marks during the election.
- Applicants who have passed an English proficiency test such as IELTS will be selected.
- An applicant with a professional certificate in any language will have more options than other applicants.
- Applicants who have applied for the field of natural science or engineering with a diplomatic track will be selected.
- Applicants who have applied for a degree and have a national or international winning certificate will be selected.
- Applicants belonging to low-income families or poor areas will be preferred over other applicants.
Global Korea Scholarship (GKS) deadline:
Through the Embassy tracking process, applicants must be required to obtain an update from the Korean embassy in their country, as they all have a different application deadline.
Following the University’s request, applicants must visit the official website of all eligible universities listed on the GKS system.
We hope you find all the information from this blog post about Global Korea Scholarship In South Korea. We highly appreciate you showing interest for these Korean scholarships. We tried our best to cover most of your questions about this Scholarship for international students. No mater where you live you should try your luck and apply for Korea scholarships. If there are still questions about these scholarships, we also mentioned the official link of the scholarship , you can visit the official website for further updated information of the scholarship.