How to apply for MEXT Japanese Government Scholarship? and What are the MEXT Japanese Government Scholarship requirements? and Which countries are eligible to apply for MEXT Japanese Government Scholarship? and When is the deadline to apply for MEXT Japanese Government Scholarship? This article answered these questions on how to get MEXT Japanese Government Scholarship! A scholarship program provided by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology, Japan; also referred to as the Monbukagakusho scholarship.
MEXT Japanese Government Scholarship
Looking for a MEXT scholarship? You’re not alone. We speak with hundreds of students looking for a MEXT scholarship. The best news is that you can get one! In fact, there are two main types of MEXT scholarships available to you: a MEXT scholarship and a study abroad JASSO scholarship.
MEXT Japanese Government Scholarship 2023-2024
- Country: Japan
- Course: Bachelor, Master, PhD
- Financial Benefits: Fully Funded
- Deadline: Varies from Embassy to Embassy
- Bachelor: 4-5 Years
- Masters: 2-3 Years
- Ph.D.: 3-4 Years
- Students from all over the world are eligible to apply for the MEXT scholarship program.
- All applicants must be a citizen of their country of residence, must be entirely self-funding, and should have a valid acceptance letter from one of the following universities:
- Tokyo University
- Kyoto University
- Osaka University
- Tohoku University.
- Applicants are required to submit their academic transcripts, TOEFL/IELTS score report as well as proof of financial support along with the application form by the given deadline (dates mentioned below).
How to Prepare for MEXT Scholarships Exam
There are very few colleges that have official relations with MEXT Scholarships in Japan, while the majority of colleges are affiliated with local governments or universities. Most scholarships, including the MEXT scholarship, give priority to students enrolled in these universities and if you have applied for a scholarship at one of these institutions then your chances are bright. If you have not applied to any college then you will be applying for a general entrance examination which does not favor non-Japanese speakers.
Sample Test Questions
1. In which MEXT scholarship are you interested? (check one or more)
MEXT (Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology) Student Exchange Programs Information for Foreign Students and Faculty MEXT provides information about scholarship programs for international students interested in studying or conducting research in Japan. The program covers travel expenses to and from Japan for a year’s period of study, as well as living expenses during that time.
Applicant must be an international citizen Applicants are eligible to apply for MEXT if they have graduated in 2017 or earlier from any recognized university with relevant majors. Also, the applicant must have at least a 3.2 GPA out of a 4.0 point scale or an equivalent CGPA (if GPA is not available) by April 1, 2024.
More scholarships for you: